Baccarat is a casino table game of French origin! As simple as it is, baccarat is one of the most well-known casino games.
Online casino baccarat games are generally played in private rooms and often considered a casino game reserved for the elite. Easy to play, it has a few simple rules that allow you to win. Traditionally, the stakes are often high, limiting the number of players and reflecting a certain elitist image of the game. With the democratization of online casino games, however, you too can try your favorite game of James Bond without necessarily going for such high stakes!
Table of Contents
The objective of the casino game
As in blackjack, the principle of baccarat is to reach or come as close as possible to a point count. It will be a question of counting ideally 9 points with two cards in hand. Unlike blackjack, however, baccarat rules will allow you to exceed the target number. In other words, the player (or player) is not knocked out if he achieves a hypothetical score of “10 points and more”, and this score will not be considered such.
A baccarat table can bring together up to 12 players with two decks of at least 52 cards. The game of baccarat is to guess which of the bank or the player called “Ponte” has the best hand, that is to say, has the hand closest to 9 points. Therefore, you bet either on the bank, the player or draw.
In baccarat, the goal is to have the hand closest to 9 to win. To this end, obtaining 8 points or 9 points from the first distribution is necessary. The higher hand wins if the banker and the Ponte both have natural baccarat.
In baccarat, the number cards from 2 to 9 retain their value. The King, Queen, Jack, and 10 all count as 0, while the Ace counts as 1 point.
In the aim of the game, it was mentioned earlier that the player or the punter could get more than 9 points. In reality, baccarat rules provide for a different way of counting points. To make it clearer, here are two examples:
- If the hand consists of a 5 and a 7, which gives 12, we only keep the 2. This hand will therefore have 2 points as its value.
- Another example: if you have two cards in your hand, a 9 and another 9, that is an amount equal to 18; your hand, therefore, equals 8. What’s more, you have a winning hand.
If you bet on winning, 3 scenarios exist:
- Bet on laying: The player recovers his bet and pockets an amount equal to its value (odds 2 against 1). This means that for a winning bet of $20 on the player, for example, you get back $40 in total.
- Bet on the bank: the system is the same as with a bet on the Ponte, but the bank takes a 5% commission on the win.
- Bet on a tie: you see your initial bet multiplied by 8 (odds 8 against 1)!