Aditya Dhar is an Indian movie director, lyricist, and author. He’s well-known for being the husband of the Indian actress Yami Gautam.
Aditya was born on Saturday, 12 March 1983 (age 38 years; as of 2021) in New Delhi. His zodiac signal is Pisces.
Peak (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Household & Caste
He was born in a Kashmiri Pandit household.
Dad and mom & Siblings
His mom, Dr. Suneeta Dhar, labored because the Dean & Head, College of Music & Nice Arts, College of Delhi. He has an elder brother, Lokesh Dhar.
On 4 June 2021, he bought married to the well-known Indian actress Yami Gautam in a personal ceremony.
Whereas he was in Delhi, he labored with the Indian theatre group ‘Delhi Music Theatre’ (DMT) for nearly 20 years. To make his profession in movies, he shifted from Delhi to Mumbai in 2006. Later, he labored as an RJ for just a few years. In 2008, he debuted as a lyricist within the Hindi movie ‘Kabul Categorical.’ Aditya has penned down the lyrics in lots of Hindi movies comparable to ‘Haal-e-Dil’ (2008), ‘One Two Three’ (2008), and ‘Daddy Cool’ (2009). He has additionally labored as a dialogue author within the Hindi movies comparable to ‘Aakrosh’ (2010) and ‘Tezz’ (2012). He debuted as a director within the widespread Hindi movie ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike’ in 2019 and wrote the screenplay of the movie. The movie acquired big appreciation from the critics and viewers.
He’s filming for the Hindi movie ‘The Immortal Ashwatthama’ starring the well-known Indian actor Vicky Kaushal (as of 2021).
Awards & Honours
- 66th Nationwide Movie Award- Finest Director for Uri: The Surgical Strike
- Jagran Movie Pageant- Finest Debut Director for Uri: The Surgical Strike
- twenty sixth Display screen Awards- Most Promising Debut Director for Uri: The Surgical Strike
- sixty fifth Filmfare Awards- Finest Debut Director for Uri: The Surgical Strike
- Zee Cine Awards- Most Promising Director for Uri: The Surgical Strike
- After shifting from Delhi to Mumbai on 5 September 2006, he labored as an assistant director for just a few years. Throughout an interview, he talked about his struggling days. He mentioned,
Initially, I used to stand up early each morning and go to each manufacturing home. I’d wind up there asking for jobs. I’ve labored in theatre in my preliminary levels of life and I’ve all the time been mesmerized by how the administrators work moderately than what actors do. In these days, it was ridiculous the best way they used to deal with assistants. It was just a few manufacturing homes whereby they are going to ask you for water.”
He additional mentioned,
I nonetheless keep in mind I used to be in Santacruz and somebody advised me that there’s some work in GS Leisure however once I went there, they denied having any alternative. As I walked out, I noticed Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s manufacturing home. I entered there and by this time, I used to be utterly drained after being shunned by many manufacturing homes. I didn’t have any backing and I wasn’t from any movie background. I used to be able to work as an intern too. I entered the manufacturing home and walked to the receptionist asking for a job, she identified to a gentleman sitting there referred to as Mithun Gangopadhyay and since then he has been the closest pal I’ve in Mumbai. He was additionally an assistant director there and he had joined a yr in the past.”
- He was filming for a Dharma Productions movie ‘Raat Baaki’ starring Katrina Kaif and Fawad Khan in 2016, however the movie bought shelved because the Pakistani artists have been banned from India after the terrorist assaults in Uri in September 2018.
- Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, he supported the ‘We Will Survive’ marketing campaign which assisted the needy folks.
- Aditya Dhar loves taking part in cricket in his leisure time.
- Throughout an interview, he shared that he couldn’t learn and write correctly as he was Dyslexic, a neurodevelopmental dysfunction.
- In an interview, he shared that he wished to develop into a military officer in his childhood. He mentioned,
I used to be all the time within the military, I wished to get into the military. As a Kashmiri Pandit, I’ve been listening to about terrorism from childhood. Immediately or not directly, we have now additionally been victims of terrorism. So, once I heard in regards to the strikes, I wished to understand how the military pulled this off. By the top of my six months of analysis, I spotted this was the most effective covert army operations ever performed by the Indian Military and I knew I needed to inform this story.”
- He was featured on the quilt web page of Noise journal in 2019.